1. I know you have written Christian Cozies in the past. What made you decide to try Suspense this time. Actually, I’d always written mystery/suspense. It was the cozies that were the “new” thing for me---and the one that got my foot in the door of Sheaf House.
2. How did you come up with your plot and your characters for "Mirrored Image"?
I don’t really have an answer for that other than God. I don’t consciously look for a plot or characters---I’m totally a seat-of-the-pants author. Um . . . that might be better explained as a listener/obeyer (is that a word?) writer. I’ve always felt that God – through the Holy Spirit – reveals bits and pieces of plot and character. After they rumble around in my head for a while, they start demanding to be let out. That’s when the writing starts – and the surprises.
I know that doesn’t answer your question, but it’s the way it happens for me.
3. What is your next novel about (and title)? An American Gothic
You told me there is a butterfly theme in your upcoming novel, can you tell us a little about this or will we just have to wait and see? I believe that butterflies are a very unique and wonderful creature. Beyond that, I wouldn’t want to spoil the story.
4. As an aspiring/struggling writer would you please give some advice to all of us with a goal of being published someday?
I always say that the best advice is to be sure this is really something you not only want to do, but that you truly feel that God is leading you to write. If the answer to both of these is “yes,” then go for it. Learn all you can, read everything in the genre(s) you want to write, attend conferences and meet authors and others waiting to be discovered, and pray. Above all, pray. It’s not an easy road. Even after you get published, there may be bumps and bruises along the way. But if this is where God is calling you to be, and you feel it deep inside, then never, ever give up. And you know what? I continue to remind myself of this every single day.
Now to enter the giveaway:
1. You must be a follower or sign up as a new follower. Also, this giveaway is limited to those living in the US. Please leave an email address.
2. Have you read sub-genres in mysteries such as cozies, romantic suspense, suspense, thriller, etc.
3. Visit Alice's website and check it out.
4. The contest will end on 11/28/2010.