Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Eva Marie Everson and Diana Sharples

Eva's "Potluck Club" books from Sweet Spirit Christian Bookstore

Deborah Malone aka me and Eva Marie Everson


Eva Marie Everson and Diana Sharples
I am so excited to tell you about my adventure to Atlanta and Marietta Georgia yesterday. I left out about 2:30pm and went to visit my daughter who lives in Atlanta. Then on the way back I stopped off at North Metro Church to hear Eva Marie Everson talk about her book "Things Left Unspoken." I was a little early and was blessed to spend a few minutes getting to know Eva and taking some pictures (posted above ). After we had a great supper of chili and strawberry shortcake for dessert, Eva talked on her book. She paralleled the books story and characters to the story of her childhood (with a few added things in the book).

I also had the privilege to meet Diana Sharples who is a writer of young adult fiction. Diana and I had a good conversation during the meal and she was a great encouragement to me. She urged me to continue my quest to enter the Genesis contest. Diana was a double finalist in the Genesis contest for 2009. Please go and visit both of these ladies websites. I know they will be glad to have you. I am going to post the pictures then in the next couple of days I will review "Things Left Unspoken."

HAPPY READING!








3 comments:

  1. I was so happy to get to meet Eva at Sweet Spirit Bookstore. She is just as lovely as I knew she would be.
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Deborah!

    What an amazing day you had! Good luck on entering the Gensis contest.
    I'm still looking forward to having lunch together one day soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could have been there! But it looks like y'all had a good time. :)

    ReplyDelete