Monday, August 3, 2009

You Write Like a Girl

Once again this is the thrid time I'm trying to post this. I am keeping my fingers crossed and my eyes by this time. Another day has come and gone. This is the third week of lessons with American Christian Fiction Writers. This week is: You Write Like a Girl. It is suppose to teach us to write from the male prospective. Here is the scene I submitted and the remarks from our teacher Rachel. Yes, I am proud.

Heres my husband to his wife conversation:

"You're home early. I thought y'all were going to stay all day. Did the fish stop biting?"

" No," Bo answered.

"Hadn't you planned on making a day of it?"

"Yes."

"Well what happened?", Tory asked.

"Travis said he had to change his plans and he could only fish a couple of hours."

"I'm sorry. I know how long you've planned this. Were you disappointed?"

"Yes." SUGG: I THINK HE'D SAY SOMETHING LIKE. "IT'S FISHING BABE, NOT A MILLION DOLLAR DEAL."

Tory went over and sat beside Bo on the couch. "Do you want to talk about it."

Bo laughed. "Not really, but what's for lunch?"

GOOD JOB!

No comments:

Post a Comment