Friday, October 29, 2010

Queen of the Castle Devotional

I found this post over at Colletta's Kitchen Sink. I think it is a wonderful idea and I plan to follow along with the devotion beginning in January. I ordered the book from Amazon for .89. You can't beat that price. I will have it listed on My Amazon Bookstore on the right side of my blog. All you have to do is click on the book and it will take you to the site. Here is Colletta's post.


I wish I would have known when she started so I could follow along but she did inspire me to get the book and blog about my week-by-week study of it on my own.

The book contains "52 weeks of encouragement for the uninspired, dometically challenged or just plain tired homemaker."

Does this sound like you? Would you like to do this study with me?

Here's the book description from Amazon:

Being a keeper of the home demands that women possess a wide range of skills, from knowing what to do with a pound of ground round to being able to corral a rampant toddler and manage the carpooling schedule. Says author Lynn Walker, "By the time most of us realize we're a few towels short of a load in our homemaking skills, we're up to our thighs in dirty little soccer uniforms and don't have time to read a different book for each part of the job." Now the training, skills and tips every woman needs are all here in one delightful-to-read volume. From mothering to marriage, gardening to grilling, family vacations to flea markets, time management to Thanksgiving meals, chores and chocolate breaks, spiritual reminders and stress relievers, Walker presents "I've been there, sister" advice, recipes, ideas and funny stories for every woman who, like her, is NOT Homemaker of the Year. Five minutes a day, 52 weeks a year is all a woman needs to get the most of this inspiring, helpful read.
A few chapter titles are "Housework, Done Correctly Can Kill You" and "Trippity Doo-Dah: The Family Vacation".

I've paged through the book and it looks great! It contains quotes, specific prayer ideas, and key Bible verses. There are even "Chocolate Breaks"!

I'm really excited about this book and am going to find it hard to wait until January to start but I want to stick with the flow of the book and it starts with January.

What do you think? Are you in? Do you want to be the Queen of Your Castle? I know I do.

1 comment:

  1. Deborah,
    It takes a lot to get me to read a book, I'm too selective and have a short attention span, But this one has caught my interest. I think I'm going to commit to reading it.
    Blessings, ---Michele Katherine

    ReplyDelete